Thursday, November 26, 2009

Prom Budget?

I gave my daughter 650 dollars to get her dress shoes accessories as well as hair and make up done.. she is complaining this is too little what do you think?



Prom Budget?

I remember when my girlfriend and I discussed going to prom in HS. We both saw what people were paying and thought it was such a waste of money. We went to a movie, then dinner, and showed up at the last two hours of the prom without paying the tons of money! The money we saved allowed us both to take a trip to Hawaii!



Oh, were both from well-off families, so the money wasn't an object, just that it was being spent on ONE NIGHT that won't matter a year from now!



Prom Budget?

thats way too much



my 8th grade i only spent $100 bucks and i felt like i wasted so much on shoes/dress i'll wear only once! i got someone to do my hair for me.



if its a high school prom why dont you guys just cut back and do hair/nails/make-up at home?



complaining? she better be grateful she has money to spend at all!



Prom Budget?

thats more than enough money



Prom Budget?

Sorry to say but your daughter sounds like a selfish spoiled brat.



I'm 14 and I got my own dress and shoes from Macy's and the total was $150, hair and make-up should only be about $50!.



Prom Budget?

OK wow my older sister is getting ready to go to the prom on April 28th and she had to buy her own dress and shoes and um I think nails and then my mom was paying for the hair and um I think that is all because we have a friend that is 23 and is a make up artist...yay but I actually think you gave you're daughter way to much money I mean she can find a dress for 150$ - 200$ That is a really cute dress and will suit her well you can get hair done for like 80$ or something shoes maybe for 90$ or 100$ and then accessories it depends but she shouldn't get something that is to expensive...tell her she can have that 650$...and if you keep whining I will take away 200$!!! You have to discipline her well so she will learn her lesson..ha ha good luck!!!! :)



Prom Budget?

hell no! she's just being selfish. that's way more than enough. im going to prom and my mom is only paying for my hair and makeup. she's lucky to have a mom like you who's kind enough to pay her.



Prom Budget?

Sounds like she watches WAY too much MTV. sweet 16 with their half million dollar parties. $650 is way enough. Remind her she's not gonna remember the dress as much as that NIGHT. And how many people exactly are going to look at her shoe's?



Hair and makeup, do it at home. She's only gonna pay somebody to do it the way SHE does anyway.



Prom Budget?

Wow...that is a LOT of money. You can save an entire third-world country for an afternoon from going hungry just with that amount of money!



Explain to your daughter that lots of people aren't as lucky as her. And besides, she IS only going to wear that dress once--what's the use of spending 650 bucks if you're only going to wear that dress for one evening? No offense and all, but that is WAAAY spoiled of your daughter.



And besides, most girls use their own money for the prom. So if your daughter keeps complaining, say this: "I work hard every day for this money, and if you think it isn't enough, why don't you spend your OWN money once in a while?"



Prom Budget?

Your daugther is RIGHT! Look, I have prom in two weeks and this is how much I've spent:



-$200 for party bus (everyone on the bus pays their share, 30 people altogether)



-$336 for my dress



-$175 for my shoes



-$400 for my extensions (I want it reallly long)



-$75 for my nails



-$65 for my makeup



-$35 for food (we are getting caterers)



-$175 for hotel room (again we'll be staying in groups at the hotel)



-$200 for accessories (hair and purse etc)



-$75 for the prom tickets



now you do the math



Prom Budget?

why dont you take them both shopping and to the salon and not say anything till u find the one

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
adware remover